Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Shara Shara- Sake set Holiday Edition

I received my final memebox purchase a couple of weeks ago and I have finally been able to put my thoughts together.  I hope you enjoy.
The first item that I pulled out of the box from this set is "Shara Shara - Ceramide sake cream"
Cream
The boxes were very well protected by bubble wrap.  The box of this product is very beautiful.  Splashes of blue and green decorate the outside with the word "Sake" written across it. The jar the product comes in is a gorgeous blue jar and is made of glass, you get 60 ml of product.  I was surprised by the quality of the packaging considering the previous quality of packaging that has come from memebox in the past.  I would have thought the weight of the jar and product would be costly and may incur customs fees - but thankfully that was not the case.  I know many other customers from around the world have not been so lucky.
Upon opening the jar there is a faint scent of alcohol, but it is not overwhelming.  I was expecting it to smell sweet or fresh, but I am not upset with the actual smell of this cream.
The texture of the cream is silky smooth.  It is not over thick or thin.  There is no greasy feel.  I did a patch test on the top of my hand.  It has a cooling sensation that I really enjoyed, it was really soothing.  I think for someone like myself who has dry skin it will help with the redness and the itch.
The cream went on very easily and absorbed quickly with no sticky or greasy feel, it left the patch I tested very smooth. There is a faint smell of sake, but it is not unpleasant. I don't believe that it would bother someone sensitive to scent.
* As a side note - if you would like to know my thoughts on the changes made by memebox and the decision to no longer ship internationally I will link my youtube video for your viewing pleasure
The second item that I discovered in this set is the "Shara Shara - ceramide sake lotion"
Lotion
You receive a large bottle of product 130ML.  Thankfully the ingredient list is in english.
The box is again beautifully decorated with blue and green. The bottle is also made of glass and is very well crafted.  They have impressed me with these items.
The scent of this lotion is very clean.  I can not detect a scent of sake.  I do like more fresh or clean scents when it comes to products that will be used on my skin on a daily basis.
The products felt silk and almost like water, but it is not watery - it has a good texture and applies to the skin well.  It also has a cooling sensation that I have mentioned I enjoyed before.  The lotion absorbed into my skin extremely fast and there is no residue or greasy feeling afterward.  The skin I tested the lotion on is soft and supple.  It feels like it infuses your skin with moisture.
The third item from the set is the "Shara Shara - ceramide sake toner"
Toner
The box and glass bottle are again decorated in a very Japanese theme in the colors of purple and yellow.  You get 130ML with this product.
The bottle of toner has a small opening.  I would have preferred a pump action bottle.  I believe this would save me from using too much or wasting the toner.  I will have to be extra careful.
The smell of Sake is the most evident with the toner.  The ingredient list seems to be similar to the other products, so I am not sure why one would smell stronger than the others, unless with the toner the Sake is in it's most pure form.
I did not patch test this toner as I did not want to open it.
The fourth and last items in the set are 3 - 1 time use sheet masks for the face
Set masks
The first mask is the "real sauce honey mask"
Honey Mask
The claims on the mask say the honey extracts are meant to nourish and give ultra-moisturization to the skin and leave it glossy.  I believe that honey has amazing qualities to heal on the inside and out. If the Egyptian people believed that honey was one of the most prized items then I will certainly be willing to try it.
The second mask in the set is "real sauce strawberry mask"
Strawberry mask
The strawberry extracts claim to protect and clear your skin.  I would think because strawberries are recommended for a healthy lifestyle they would lend their nutrition to helping obtain a healthy complexion.
The third mask is the "real sauce golden kiwi fruit mask"
Set
The kiwi extracts claim to moisturize and help with intensive nutrition care.  I do know that kiwi are loaded with iron which I believe would help with the blood blow and the production of healthy and new skin cells.
My overall thoughts and opinions on this set are that after doing some research on the internet all of the information I have gathered lend a very positive view on these products and I would have to agree with that.  The patch tests that I did are still soft and supple.  There was no adverse reaction to the ingredients in the products.  Ceramide is meant to help nourish your dry and tired skin.  it is meant to be gentle while giving results.
After the spot tests I have done - I believe that these products - Cream, Lotion and toner will be a welcome addition to my skin care routine.  I have come to notice that most Korean beauty products are made with more natural and gentler ingredients.  They lend themselves to those of us with dry and/or sensitive skin.
My concerns for this set is that the sake which is alcohol may dry out my skin or continue to dry out the patches that are dry now - but I am hoping the other ingredients will help counter balance that problem.  I am also worried that I may not be able to use all of the product before the expiration date of October 2015.
Please let me know your thoughts if you have used on of the products mentioned or if you are familiar with the ingredients.
Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment