Monday, April 13, 2015

First Impressions | Memebox Special #68 Hair Salon

This box Special #68 Hair Salon is the very last purchase from Memebox since they have made significant changes to their International shipping.

*Disclaimer Memebox NO longer ships internationally.*
 If you would like to know about it and my opinion on the changes you can check out my Youtube video Here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UXLVhi0qZw



I purchased this box after learning from several other buyers that they were really impressed with the products featured in the box.  I originally thought that the box would be filled with hair styling products so I held off.  I was happy to learn that it was a different story and quickly purchased the products.

The box was part of  a "Golden Ticket" promotion that they had going on at the time.  All of the boxes in that category had a "Golden Ticket" worth so much off on your next purchase.  It ranged from $3.00 off to being able to freely purchase 50 memeboxes.  Unfortunately for me, as I am in Canada - I was not able to use the code before international shipping stopped.

But none the less I will give my honest thoughts and feelings on the products that were featured in the Special #68 Hair Salon. The box contains 6 items - 5 are Full Sized.  I paid $26.99 - I used points and a discount code - the original price was $35.99

This is what the box looked like when it first arrived. 


The card reads as follows : We've all been there, done that.  No matter how much time we spend in the morning perfecting our tresses, inevitable situations (hate you humidity and frizz) your hair has a mind of it's own and show a frustratingly sad ending to your hair-y story.  But, arm yourself with this box, and you'll kiss stubborn frizzies goodbye and say hello to a world of healthy locks, stunning shine and mega pro-quality hair care! Load up on this box, and you'll have everyone asking where you get your hair care done! 



The First item on the card is : la'dor Perfect Hair Filler - Full sized 13ml - Retails for $5.00

This item is a highly concentrated hair ampoule which was awarded 1st place in the Hair Ampoule beauty category (it does not specify which competition it was given)  The formula is enriched with protein, silk, amino acid, keratin and ceramide.  These are suppose to be hair renewing nutrients.  It claims to replenish abundant moisture and healthy shine to dry, damaged hair with salon quality results. You are to mix the product with equal parts water and mix until it becomes a cream like substance.  I truly need this for my hair.  It's very much on the dry side even though I try and stay away from heat and damaging products.  I am hoping for incredible results. 



The second item on the card is : Natural Waterless Shampoo Outdoor - Full sized 50ml - Retails for $10.00
This item is a non-rinse type of shampoo.  It is targeted to the on-the-go person.  The formula of menthol and 15 naturally derived ingredients refresh and deliver rich vitamin nutrients to hair and scalp.  The foamy type formula easily and quickly absorbs into the hair leaving a refreshing menthol after-feeling.  This would be the Korean version of dry shampoo.  I know that finding the right dry shampoo can be very tough.  I will for sure be giving this a chance to impress me when I need a little boost to my hair.  I originally thought this was a latherless shampoo that would be used in the shower, but this will be a lot more convenient. 



The third item on the card is : Na. 8 Outbath Treatment - Full sized 150g - Retails for $18.00
This item is a leave-in hair treatment.  it is meant to replenish nutrients back to damaged hair.  It adds a protective layer to dry and damaged hair.  It claims to make your hair strong and lustrous.  It deep conditions with a citrus based formula.  I am looking forward to trying this - my hair is dry most of the time and I don't always have the time for a deep conditioning treatment, but with a leave-in style product it will allow me to take care of my hair even with a busy schedule.



The fourth item on the card is : Haken Natural Baobab Oil - Full sized 160ml - Retails for: $18.00
This item is an intensive hair care oil for dry and/or damaged hair.  It's formula contains baobab oil and avocado oil which works to not only protect hair from outside stress - UV and heat, but it also deeply nourishes hair.  This super gentle formula include vitamin E, Vitamin A, omega 6, omega 9 and chlorophyll.  These ingredients are all proven to restore aging skin and damaged or dry hair.  I like that this is a light oil.  My hair tends to get oily at the root so I will be using this on the ends of my hair to give it some added nutrients. I am also glad to see that I recognize the ingredients and that they are very healthy for you.  




The fifth item on the card is : Solucion 9 Aztec therapy Shampoo Natural Herb 50% - Full size 50ml - Retails for $8.00
This item is a specialized cosmetic brand that only uses natural ingredients.  The shampoo gets inspiration from the Ancient Aztecs.  They were known to incorporate herbal and medicinal plant extracts in their anti-hair loss for women.  There is a blend of 9 natural herbs that include espinosilla, jojoba oil, nettle, oritigulla, aloe vera, rosemary, chamomile and citrus.  This blend works to soften and strengthen damaged hair and deliver a therapeutic effect.  I am going to have to do a little digging to find out what most of the ingredients are in this shampoo, as I am most certain they are commonly used in Korean or Asian culture - but not so common to North Americans. 




The sixth item on the card is : Ryo Anti-Hair Loss Treatment -Travel Size 50ml (Full size 200ml - Retails for $12.00
This item is meant to treat hair loss in females.  It is infused with biota seed, coix seed, green tea and gold extracts.  It will not only prevent hair loss, but it will also re-energize and strengthen thin, damaged and dry hair.  It has a cooling effect which soothes and replenishes your scalp at the same time.  I am really intrigued by this - I have a lot of fall out from my hair so if I can take steps to prevent it from getting worse I am happy to do so.  Being able to get a head of a problem is always a smart step. 



My over all opinion on this box is that I am pleasantly surprised- I was worried when it was first released it would be filled with styling products, but thankfully I had a few friends buy the box before me and let me know what was inside.  This is probably the only box I purchased from memebox where I knew what I was getting before hand.  The value of all the products combined is $71.00 - it is double what I paid for it originally.  I am hoping that the claims the items make are true because I struggle with frizz and dry hair constantly.  The only down side to this, is that getting more of these items may prove difficult as memebox no longer ships internationally and sometimes the specific products are hard to find.


If you bought this box or have used a product featured please let me know what you thought.
If there is anything else you would like to see me review please let me know.

And as always, Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment