Tuesday, March 31, 2015

First Impression | Memebox Super box #79 Oh My Lips!

I will say now as a disclaimer that Memebox No longer ships internationally. If you want to know more check out my YouTube channel for a video that I did.

Be sure to check me out on all of my social media.  Follow me and I will follow back!


This is one of the last boxes that I received from Memebox.  I was super excited for it when it came out, but with life it gets in the way and it was put aside until now.  So without further rambling here is my first impression and thoughts on Oh My Lips!

From the title you can tell this box is dedicated to the lips.  A very delicate and often neglected part of the face.  Here is the description that was on the information card in the box:

Oh My Lips! The colder season is comin' round the corner. but are your lips ready? If taking care of your lips isn't part of your beauty to-do list this winter, re-think your beauty priorities.  Most people don't know, but collagen loss and wrinkles around the lips add ages to your face, and with winter winds and drier climate, lips are more prone to aging and thinning.  Don't fret because we're here to help you fight against lip-aging with this Oh My Lips box.  All goodies are made with a bold blend of potent age-delaying, moisture-enhancing, volumizing and smoothing ingredients to give you the look of beautiful, plump and youthful lips.

This box came with 5 full sized products all about your lips.  The box comes with an info card which came in handy as most of the instructions or ingredient lists are in Korean.

This is what the box first looked like when I opened it


The first product on the card is the : Vivito Painting Sweet Lip Balm 02 Berry Farm
12g and Retails for $24
The product contains a refreshing blend of blackberry, orange peel, grape, cacao seed butter and other natural ingredients.  It has a jelly texture which is meant to soothe dry lips.  It comes in a super cute tin case for super easy on the go lip care. I am a big fan of natural lip products.  I think this will really help dry and chapped lips in any season.  I also like that it's slightly tinted so it will give your lips a flush of color on top of moisturizing.

The second product on the card is the : Lassie'el Kiss Me! Glam Up! Lipstick
6 each and Retails for $6 - The colors include: Lucid Orange, Lovely Pink, Oriental Red, Natural Coral, Vintage Pink and Creamy Nude.
The product is meant for multiple uses, they are not simply lip tattoos, but real pigmented lipsticks. They are on an easy to carry lip card.  There are 6 colors to match your mood, time of day or a special occasion. I do love the colors that they sent, I think they will go well with different looks and skin tones, but I am concerned that once the package is opened it will dry out or get dirty if it's kept in your purse with other makeup.  I don't believe there is a way to reseal the lip cards.

The third product on the card is the : SR Lip Scrub
30ml and Retails for $12
The product is meant to exfoliate dead skin cells and deeply soothe and hydrate dry and chapped lips.  The formula consists of argon oil, tocopherol, vitamin E, snail filtrate and pearl extracts.  It claims to soften and smooth out roughen lips with  gentle micro-beads.  I am curious to find out if it will live up to what it says - I have tried other lip scrubs and I do enjoy them.

The fourth product on the card is the: Vivito Dessin Solution Lip and Eye Remover
100ml and Retails for $32
This product is meant to remove stubborn makeup from the lips and eyes, so it serves a dual purpose. It melts away makeup and skin impurities and claims to be gentle enough to use around sensitive eyes.  You must shake the upper and lower layer together before applying.  They use a gentle blend of lemon grass oil and rosehip oil to soothe and moisturize as well. The liquid in the bottle looked very light, but you could see the oil when you shook it to mix both layers.  I think this will be a good remover for long wearing lipsticks as well as lip stains.  I am happy that it is also gentle enough to remove eye makeup and wonder if it will be effective on waterproof mascara or long wearing eyeliner.

The fifth and last product on the card is the: Rosemine Vitamin E Lip Balm Mint Tea
12g and Retails for $7
This product is meant to protect your lips against damage and dehydration.  It has a refreshingly minty, herbal fragrance.  The Vitamin E Lip Balm is formulated with a blend of vitamin E, ceramide, peppermint extracts and 5 different essentials oils.  I am a big fan of lip balms. I find them to be very hydrating and soothing when you are looking for something that is light and easy when you are in a hurry.  It doesn't have any pigmentation, but you get that glossy look without the heaviness.


My overall opinion on this box is that they stuck to the theme of the box really well.  They didn't overload it with things that most people wouldn't be interested in.  The colored products that they did include can be used with ease and will more than likely suit everyone no matter your look or skin tone.  I believe that these products can provide the moisture our lips so desperately need in the winter months, but can be used any time of the year as we usually don't worry about our lips.  We have to remember that when speaking that is what we focus on and why not have beautiful lip for someone to look at.  I am impressed that most of the ingredients that they use are natural and they can be pronounced without difficulty.

The value of the box surpasses what I originally paid for it which I believe to be no more than $20 - You get $81 worth of items in the box.  So if you received this box or encountered one of the products mentioned, please let me know what you thought of it by leaving a comment.  Also if there is anything else you would like to see me review on this blog let me know.

And as always, Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment