Monday, March 23, 2015

Maybelline color sensational rebel bloom - swatches and first impressions.

I walked past my local shoppers drug mart last week and noticed a new display of Maybelline products. This Sunday after having the day to myself I was able to go in and investigate. I had heard murmurs of these lipsticks and this was my first chance to take a good look. 
There are eight shades in the collection. The website does not say they are limited edition if you have not had the opportunity to pick up your favourites
Pastels and the color of spring flowers are the inspiration behind these new vibrant colors. They also added honey to the formula to keep lips soft and supple.
Barely Bloomed - #700


The first color from this collection that I purchased is a beautiful nude with a pink and peach under stone. The color is very subtle and would go well with a bolder eye. It is a matte lipstick, but from the swatch it is not drying. There is good color coverage if multiple coats are applied. The smell is very pleasant. There does not seem to be a lot of color transfer and the shade is true to the color cube on the bottom of the tube.
Blushing Bud -#705


The second color from the collection that I purchased has a slightly darker pink hue. I also see a mauve undertone peeking out. I believe this would look good with a berry themed makeup look for a flush of color, but not too distracting from your other makeup. The floral smell is lovely - does not remind me of lipstick at all. True to the matte finish, but I believe would look amazing with a gloss topper. This shade reminds me of spring and the vibrancy the season brings.
Peach Poppy - #745


The third shade from the collection that I purchased is a pretty pop of peach, just as the name describes. When I opened the tube I was expecting something extremely bright, but it looks more natural than I first thought. Beautifully matte, but again would look really good with a gloss topper. I think this would look fantastic with a simple summer time makeup look. It reminds me of summer and having a more natural eye look. I think this could become a staple in the warmer months. 

The formula for all three of these lipsticks is creamy and buttery. They go on very smoothly and with minimal effort. All of the colors are true to the matte formula, but remain moisturizing on the skin. 
I think the colors that I have chosen are excellent for spring and summer and will more than likely become staples in my everyday. They can be warn with bolder or more natural makeup looks. They can also be glossed up or left on their own.
The packaging is super sleek and beautiful. That is what originally attracted my eye to the lipstick display. 
My overall thoughts are that these lip colors are gorgeous and now that I have seen them up close and personal, could easily see myself buying more shades. I think that the colors I have showcased here are perfect for someone who is going for a more natural or subtle flush of color on the lip. They Rs also ideal for the makeup beginners they are an affordable drugstore brand.
Please let me know what you thought of these or any of the other shades in the collection.
As always thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment